Sunrise Rotary to host event Aug. 13
August 2, 2016
On Saturday, Aug. 13, 2016, Park City Sunrise Rotary will host its second annual Tour de Sunrise Rotary Family Fun Walk, Run, Ride, in conjunction with the Summit County Fair. Participants will lead the Summit County Fair Parade down Coalville's Main Street at 10 a.m., then take a turn onto the Historic Rail Trail and ride (or run or walk) four miles along scenic Echo Reservoir and back. This is a family-friendly ride/run/walk — easy, flat and beautiful as it winds along the shores of the Echo Reservoir.
Park City Sunrise Rotary is working with Travis English from Summit County Fair to create this event that the Club hosts as an annual event and fundraiser.
"We created this event for two primary reasons," says Sunrise Rotary member Connie Nelson. "First, to become a partner with the Summit County Fair and help increase awareness and attendance at the County Fair, and second, to establish a new fundraising mechanism for Park City Sunrise Rotary."
All proceeds from the event will be used by Park City Sunrise Rotary Club as part of its Grants Program, which benefits many nonprofit organizations throughout Summit County.
"We give all the money back out to the community," said Nelson.
Participants can register for the ride at SummitCountyFair.org/events or by calling 435-336-3249. Entry fees are only $10 for individuals and $25 for families or groups (up to 5). There will be three rest stations along the course of the ride, with water, snacks and fun prizes. There is even an opportunity to win a CARPE 30 Commuter Bike ($700 retail value), generously donated by Bikes For Kids. All participants, friends and family are encouraged to stay and enjoy the Summit County Fair.
Recommended Stories For You
The Aug. 13 events will include the Carnival, Ice Cream Social, Live Music, Petting Zoo, Jr. Livestock Sale and the Beer, Wine & Whiskey Garden, as well as the PRCA Rodeo on Saturday evening at 8 p.m. (The rodeo is a ticketed event — $11.50 for adults, $5.50 for kids 4-14.) The evening will be capped off by fireworks following the rodeo.
Admission to the fair is free; the full schedule is available at SummitCountyFair.org.
Park City Sunrise Rotary would like to thank generous sponsors Burger King, Jeremy Ranch Golf & Country Club and the Summit County Fair, along with Sportsman's Warehouse and Davidson Orthopedics, as well as in-kind sponsors Bikes for Kids, Grub Steak Restaurant, Moab Brewery, Wasatch Bagel & Café and Whitney Advertising.
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)
- Juniors shine as Park City football wallops Ben Lomond in 45-7 region opener
- Can Park City High’s student section stake their claim as the most hyped in Utah?
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits