Ted Ligety earns first downhill podium
March 14, 2014
"To be on the podium in every single event in my career is pretty cool I’m psyched about that," Ligety said. "This course really suits my technique I’ve been fourth here before. I knew I had a good chance on this kind of hill. It’s not a typical downhill and suits guys with more [of a] GS [background]. It’s the kind of hill where you have to be gutsy and go for it."
The finish bumped Ligety up to third in the World Cup overall chase with three races remaining.
"It’s nice to gain points for third (in World Cup)," he said. "But it’s also not the most important race for me here."
Travis Ganong (Squaw Valley, Calif.) was sixth and Bode Miller (Franconia, N.H.) finished eighth.
Trending In: Sports
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business