Ted Ligety tears ACL
January 30, 2016
Ted Ligety (Park City) suffered an injury to his right knee while training giant slalom in Oberjoch, Germany.
"We all know ski racing is a dangerous sport but I always thought I could avoid a season ender," Ligety said in a Facebook post. "Unfortunately today I tore my ACL GS training and am heading home."
According to U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens, Ligety will return home to the U.S. for further evaluation.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum