Ted Ligety tears ACL
January 30, 2016
Ted Ligety (Park City) suffered an injury to his right knee while training giant slalom in Oberjoch, Germany.
"We all know ski racing is a dangerous sport but I always thought I could avoid a season ender," Ligety said in a Facebook post. "Unfortunately today I tore my ACL GS training and am heading home."
According to U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens, Ligety will return home to the U.S. for further evaluation.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City police blotter: Dog barks ‘24/7’
- Sheriff’s Report: Man leads deputies on foot pursuit in Kimball Junction
- Park City police arrest man, saying he took SUV, drove around lot
- Romney skipped Kamas event, but Abraham Lincoln lookalike didn’t
- More than 350 pounds of marijuana seized in Summit County