Ted Ligety tears ACL
January 30, 2016
Ted Ligety (Park City) suffered an injury to his right knee while training giant slalom in Oberjoch, Germany.
"We all know ski racing is a dangerous sport but I always thought I could avoid a season ender," Ligety said in a Facebook post. "Unfortunately today I tore my ACL GS training and am heading home."
According to U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens, Ligety will return home to the U.S. for further evaluation.
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Park City golf is teed up for another Region 11 title
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?