Ted Ligety tears ACL
January 27, 2016
Ted Ligety (Park City) suffered an injury to his right knee while training giant slalom in Oberjoch, Germany.
"We all know ski racing is a dangerous sport but I always thought I could avoid a season ender," Ligety said in a Facebook post. "Unfortunately today I tore my ACL GS training and am heading home."
According to U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens, Ligety will return home to the U.S. for further evaluation.
Trending In: Sports
- Ice Miners 14U team sticks together for trip to national championship
- Park City Running Club gets (semi-)serious for Running with Ed race
- Scott Chester, voice of many Miners sports, announces for Major League Rugby
- Park City Mountain and Deer Valley say goodbye to dry winter, prepare for summer programming
- Apex volleyball club 13U team wins Utah Grand Prix