Ted Ligety tears ACL
January 27, 2016
Ted Ligety (Park City) suffered an injury to his right knee while training giant slalom in Oberjoch, Germany.
"We all know ski racing is a dangerous sport but I always thought I could avoid a season ender," Ligety said in a Facebook post. "Unfortunately today I tore my ACL GS training and am heading home."
According to U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens, Ligety will return home to the U.S. for further evaluation.
Trending In: Sports
- Miners girls lacrosse starts season hungry for sixth straight title
- Tennis team will start season with new players in top positions
- Parkite Ashley Farquharson takes fourth at luge Junior World Championships
- Utah ski team crowned as champions
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street