Trailside Bike Park to hold free barbecue Friday
July 22, 2014
Snyderville Basin Recreation is celebrating the completion of its Trailside Bike Park with the "Trailside Shred N’ BBQ" on Friday, July 25, from 5 to 9 p.m. This free event will include food, music, giveaways, games, and all the riding you want.
According to Bob Radke, trails and open-space manager for Snyderville Basin Recreation, the event is designed to introduce riders to several new features at the park, including the all-mountain trail, which was completed last fall, along with a new expert slopestyle trail and an expanded pump track, which were finished within the past three weeks.
Radke said the slopestyle trail includes jumps and a number of other features.
"We’re also working on a line of jumps — we call them training jumps — that will be completed by Friday," he said.
When the funding is available, Basin Recreation would also like to add a new flow trail and rebuild the skills park that is now about 10 years old, Radke said.
"Hopefully we’ll get started on these this fall," he said.
Recommended Stories For You
Sponsors such as Storm Cycle in Park City, Dakine, Mobius, and others will be at Friday’s celebration. Trailside Bike Park is located at 5715 Trailside Drive, Park City.
Trending In: Sports
- Couple gives back to Huntsman Institute, research facilities, through Pink Park City
- Shiffrin says she isn’t in it for the records, smashes them anyway
- South Summit boys basketball defeats North Summit in rivalry blowout
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Prep roundup: North Summit girls keep rolling foes, South Summit girls split games
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- UDOT completes Utah’s largest wildlife crossing at Parleys Summit
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels