Try hockey for free
November 4, 2015
The Park City Ice Arena and the Park City Ice Miners invite boys and girls to Park City Ice Arena on Saturday, Nov. 7, for a Try Hockey For Free clinic as part of Come Play Hockey Month. Running from 10:15-11:15 a.m., local youths ages 4-9 are encouraged to experience ice hockey for the first time and learn the basic skills in a fun, safe environment. Please bring a helmet, winter gloves and wear loose fitting sweatpants. Some equipment may be available to use.
"We look forward to welcoming families to Park City Ice Arena to try our great sport of ice hockey," said Matt Prucka. "Our goal is for these families to enjoy watching their kids learn new skills with big smiles on their faces."
USA Hockey’s Try Hockey program, with the support of the National Hockey League and NHL member clubs, among others, is designed to provide youth hockey associations a national platform to introduce new kids to the sport. In addition to presenting sponsor KraftHeinz, Total Hockey and Liberty Mutual Insurance are official sponsors of Try Hockey For Free Days. USA Hockey has close to 500 locations offering this unique opportunity to kids nationwide.
Trending In: Sports
- No. 4 Lehi upsets top seed Park City girls soccer in first round of playoffs
- The Mine Bouldering Gym hosts USA Climbing locals and international talent
- National Ability Center’s Summit Challenge returns to Park City this weekend
- Park City football crowned Region 11 co-champions after win over Tooele
- Park City cross-country teams continue to gain speed through Region 11 finals
- Amy Roberts: LDS Church’s call for a social media fast is suspiciously timed
- The Park Record 2018 Voter Guide
- Feds indict Parkites on money laundering, drug charges
- Park City Treasure developer readies scaled-back plans should bond fail
- Guest editorial: Second-home owner will gladly shoulder burden of Treasure bond