U.S. Cross-Country Team named
November 28, 2014
The 2014-15 U.S. Cross Country Ski Team was announced Nov. 24, on the eve of the International Ski Federation (FIS) World Cup opener in Ruka, Finland.
All 10 members of the A and B Teams are past members of Olympic and World Championship teams, including defending World Champions Kikkan Randall (Anchorage, Alaska) and Jessie Diggins (Afton, Minnesota). Twelve athletes were named in total to the A, B and D Teams.
"It’s great to be back in Europe ready to begin another season," Randall said. "We have a strong contingent of returning members from last season’s record-breaking team and spirits are high as we head into the opening World Cup weekend in Ruka. World Championships in Sweden in February will be a big target for the team especially in the relay events. It feels great to have the whole team back together and we can’t wait to get the season started."
The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships will be a major focal point in the season. They take place Feb. 17-March 1 in Falun, Sweden. The World Championship Team will be named in January, based primarily on World Cup results.
2015 U.S. Cross Country Ski Team Roster
Recommended Stories For You
Chris Grover, Head Coach
Matt Whitcomb, Women’s Coach
Jason Cork, Men’s Coach
Bryan Fish, Development Coach
Trending In: Sports
- Plan for Kimball Junction re-design will be before Basin planning panel
- Marketplace: After years in the industry, restaurateur opens Hearth and Hill
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to attempted obstruction of justice
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion