U.S. Cross-Country Team named
November 28, 2014
The 2014-15 U.S. Cross Country Ski Team was announced Nov. 24, on the eve of the International Ski Federation (FIS) World Cup opener in Ruka, Finland.
All 10 members of the A and B Teams are past members of Olympic and World Championship teams, including defending World Champions Kikkan Randall (Anchorage, Alaska) and Jessie Diggins (Afton, Minnesota). Twelve athletes were named in total to the A, B and D Teams.
"It’s great to be back in Europe ready to begin another season," Randall said. "We have a strong contingent of returning members from last season’s record-breaking team and spirits are high as we head into the opening World Cup weekend in Ruka. World Championships in Sweden in February will be a big target for the team especially in the relay events. It feels great to have the whole team back together and we can’t wait to get the season started."
The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships will be a major focal point in the season. They take place Feb. 17-March 1 in Falun, Sweden. The World Championship Team will be named in January, based primarily on World Cup results.
2015 U.S. Cross Country Ski Team Roster
Recommended Stories For You
Chris Grover, Head Coach
Matt Whitcomb, Women’s Coach
Jason Cork, Men’s Coach
Bryan Fish, Development Coach
Trending In: Sports
- Park City boys lacrosse earns two narrow wins to start season
- Park City High boys tennis team’s depth could make quick work of region foes
- Behind the Gold: Having belief in yourself
- Park City High School senior Jack Hanskat earns free ride as Evans Scholar
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- UPDATED: Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- Deer Valley Music Festival 15th anniversary lineup announced
- Subway to move to Snow Creek Drive
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem