U.S. freeskiing teams named
December 11, 2015
The 2016 U.S. Freeskiing halfpipe, slopestyle and big air teams, led by Olympic champions David Wise (Reno, Nevada), Maddie Bowman (S. Lake Tahoe, California) and Joss Christensen (Park City), were officially announced today.
This year’s team features a hard-hitting roster of decorated Olympians like Nick Goepper (Lawrenceburg, Indiana), Devin Logan (West Dover, Vermont) and Gus Kenworthy (Telluride, Colorado), along with rookie skiers ready to make their mark on the international freeskiing scene.
"We’re really excited about the continued growth and depth of the U.S. Freeskiing program," U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Director Jeremy Forster said. "We have a great group of returning coaches and a super-talented group of athletes on both the Pro and Rookie Teams. I’m really happy to have Pete O’Brien from Ski & Snowboard Club Vail join the U.S. Freeskiing Rookie Team coaching staff. With the support of The North Face, our rookie team continues to be a huge development opportunity for the freeskiing athletes."
The halfpipe and slopestyle riders begin their competition season this weekend at the Dew Tour in Breckenridge, Colorado.
2016 U.S. Freeskiing Halfpipe Pro Team
Recommended Stories For You
Wing Tai Barrymore
2016 U.S. Freeskiing Slopestyle Pro Team
Trending In: Sports
- Park City volleyball celebrates seniors by cutting loose in home finale
- The Mine Bouldering Gym hosts USA Climbing locals and international talent
- No. 4 Lehi upsets top seed Park City girls soccer in first round of playoffs
- Park City Volleyball goes 5-1 in Wasatch Festival tournament
- Park City football crowned Region 11 co-champions after win over Tooele
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Amy Roberts: LDS Church’s call for a social media fast is suspiciously timed
- Sheriff’s report: I-80 pursuit ends in arrest of man from Sandy
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- The Park Record 2018 Voter Guide