U.S. freeskiing teams named
December 11, 2015
The 2016 U.S. Freeskiing halfpipe, slopestyle and big air teams, led by Olympic champions David Wise (Reno, Nevada), Maddie Bowman (S. Lake Tahoe, California) and Joss Christensen (Park City), were officially announced today.
This year’s team features a hard-hitting roster of decorated Olympians like Nick Goepper (Lawrenceburg, Indiana), Devin Logan (West Dover, Vermont) and Gus Kenworthy (Telluride, Colorado), along with rookie skiers ready to make their mark on the international freeskiing scene.
"We’re really excited about the continued growth and depth of the U.S. Freeskiing program," U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Director Jeremy Forster said. "We have a great group of returning coaches and a super-talented group of athletes on both the Pro and Rookie Teams. I’m really happy to have Pete O’Brien from Ski & Snowboard Club Vail join the U.S. Freeskiing Rookie Team coaching staff. With the support of The North Face, our rookie team continues to be a huge development opportunity for the freeskiing athletes."
The halfpipe and slopestyle riders begin their competition season this weekend at the Dew Tour in Breckenridge, Colorado.
2016 U.S. Freeskiing Halfpipe Pro Team
Recommended Stories For You
Wing Tai Barrymore
2016 U.S. Freeskiing Slopestyle Pro Team
Trending In: Sports
- Couple gives back to Huntsman Institute, research facilities, through Pink Park City
- Shiffrin says she isn’t in it for the records, smashes them anyway
- South Summit boys basketball defeats North Summit in rivalry blowout
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21