U.S. freeskiing teams named
December 11, 2015
The 2016 U.S. Freeskiing halfpipe, slopestyle and big air teams, led by Olympic champions David Wise (Reno, Nevada), Maddie Bowman (S. Lake Tahoe, California) and Joss Christensen (Park City), were officially announced today.
This year’s team features a hard-hitting roster of decorated Olympians like Nick Goepper (Lawrenceburg, Indiana), Devin Logan (West Dover, Vermont) and Gus Kenworthy (Telluride, Colorado), along with rookie skiers ready to make their mark on the international freeskiing scene.
"We’re really excited about the continued growth and depth of the U.S. Freeskiing program," U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Director Jeremy Forster said. "We have a great group of returning coaches and a super-talented group of athletes on both the Pro and Rookie Teams. I’m really happy to have Pete O’Brien from Ski & Snowboard Club Vail join the U.S. Freeskiing Rookie Team coaching staff. With the support of The North Face, our rookie team continues to be a huge development opportunity for the freeskiing athletes."
The halfpipe and slopestyle riders begin their competition season this weekend at the Dew Tour in Breckenridge, Colorado.
2016 U.S. Freeskiing Halfpipe Pro Team
Recommended Stories For You
Wing Tai Barrymore
2016 U.S. Freeskiing Slopestyle Pro Team
Trending In: Sports
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- Park City’s Leah Lange, Utes win at Citizens Series
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Biathlete Sean Doherty sets personal best at Soldier Hollow World Cup
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods
- January and February storms help boost Utah’s snowpack