U.S. Moguls Team named
November 26, 2013
USSA News Bureau
WOLF CREEK, Colo. – The 2014 U.S. Freestyle Moguls Team, led by Olympic champion Hannah Kearney (Norwich, Vt.) and Olympic bronze medalist Bryon Wilson (Butte, Mont.), was named this week in advance of the Dec. 14 FIS Freestyle World Cup season opener in Ruka, Finland.
The team was publicly announced at Pagosa Springs Spa and Resort in Colorado on Saturday, Nov. 23, during the Team’s final pre-season on-snow camp at the Wolf Creek Ski Area.
The Team also features 2009 World Champion Pat Deneen (Cle Elum, Wash.), Heather McPhie (Bozeman, Mont.) and Bradley Wilson (Butte, Mont.).
"I’m thrilled to be a part of such a strong U.S. Freestyle Mogul team," McPhie said. "It’s an honor to be named to the team again and to have the opportunity to represent my country heading into the 2014 competition season. Our team dynamic is great, and we are pushing each other every day to do the best we can."
The World Cup tour moves to the United States on Jan. 9-11 for the Visa Freestyle International at Deer Valley Resort followed by the USANA Freestyle World Cup Jan. 15-18 in Lake Placid, N.Y., the final domestic stop before the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
Trending In: Sports
- Sundance, FIS Worlds overlap dates in Park City in 2019
- Park City killer took ‘whatever’ attitude toward victim’s popularity
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem
- Guest editorial: Council mistake illustrates messy path ahead in Park City’s social equity push
- Vail Resorts sees net revenue increase despite low snow