U.S. Ski Jumping Team named
November 25, 2014
Nine top U.S. women ski jumpers have been named to the 2014-15 U.S. Visa Women’s Ski Jumping Team ahead of an exciting World Championships, World Cup and Continental Cup schedule.
Veteran ski jumpers Sarah Hendrickson, Jessica Jerome and Lindsey Van — the first women ski jumpers to compete in Olympic ski jumping events — will once again provide world-class leadership to their teammates as they hone their skills in anticipation of the 2018 Olympics in PyeongChang, Korea. The team also includes two graduates of the inaugural Fly Girls Development Camp that was held in July 2014.
The following athletes are the members of the 2014-2015 U.S. Visa Women’s Ski Jumping Team:
"As the inaugural Women’s Winter Olympic event in Sochi, Russia, is now behind us, we are embarking upon a new chapter for the U.S. Visa Women’s Ski Jumping Team," head coach Alan Alborn said. "I am very proud of what we have accomplished and am excited about our addition of the Fly Girls program, which is the pipeline between our local clubs across the U.S. and our National Team. As this year marks another World Championship season, we are ready for, and looking forward to, this competition series. With the addition of travel coach Vasja Bajc and physical therapist Neza Mravije, we expect strong results from the 2014-15 National Team."
Trending In: Sports
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet