USSA names new representatives
May 24, 2016
U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) Chairman Dexter Paine welcomed eight new members to the USSA Board of Directors on May 15 at its annual meeting during USSA Congress. Liz Arky (Washington, DC), Rosie Brennan (Park City), Warner Nickerson (Tilton, New Hampshire), Dylan Omlin (Truckee, California), Bill Schiebler (Park City), Tom Wallisch (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), Andy Wirth (Squaw Valley, California) and Tom Yaps (Brooklyn, New York) join the group of knowledgeable individuals responsible for leading the organization.
Brennan, Nickerson and Wallisch join the board as athlete representatives. Brennan currently competes on the U.S. Cross Country Ski Team and will serve as the cross-country athlete representative. U.S. Alpine Ski Team alum Nickerson will serve as the alpine athlete representative. With the formation of USSA’s new freeskiing sport committee, Wallisch will serve as the board’s first freeskiing athlete representative.
Omlin, who was brought on as the new snowboarding sport committee chairman after Jon Casson’s departure to join the USSA staff, will serve as the snowboarding representative. Yaps was elected chairman of the freeskiing sport committee and will serve as the freeskiing representative. Wirth and Arky will hold two of the three at-large positions while Schiebler, a long-time U.S. Ski and Snowboard Team Foundation trustee and chairman of the USSA Audit Committee, joins the board in an ex-officio position.
After over 10 years of service, term limits have required that past Vice Chair Jeanne Jackson vacate her board seat. While her abundant skills will be missed on the Board, Jackson will remain involved with the USSA as a Foundation trustee and as an advisor to the USSA branding committee.
Trending In: Sports
- Miners girls lacrosse starts season hungry for sixth straight title
- Tennis team will start season with new players in top positions
- Parkite Ashley Farquharson takes fourth at luge Junior World Championships
- Utah ski team crowned as champions
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street