XC team named for worlds
February 3, 2015
Liz Stephen (East Montpelier, Vermont), Kikkan Randall (Anchorage, Alaska), Jessie Diggins (Afton, Minnesota) and Simi Hamilton (Aspen, Colorado) lead a team of 16 cross-country athletes named by the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association to compete in the FIS Nordic Ski World Championships Feb. 18-March 1 in Falun, Sweden.
Randall and Diggins are the defending champions in the team sprint from 2013 in Val di Fiemme, Italy. The team balances newcomers and veterans in a strong and diversely talented team.
"There are good opportunities for us in bringing a big U.S. Team to Falun," said Head Coach Chris Grover. "We have a mix of experienced World Cup skiers and some new faces looking to make their mark at the highest level. Over the past few weeks, many U.S. athletes have been building their fitness and it could be seen in their results in the Rybinsk World Cup this past weekend. We expect to see some peak performances in Falun."
The World Championships team will train in Davos, Switzerland, with a pre-Championships World Cup in Oestersund Feb. 14-15.
U.S. Nordic World Championships Team
Recommended Stories For You
Dakota Blackhorse-von Jess
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)
- Juniors shine as Park City football wallops Ben Lomond in 45-7 region opener
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County